• A new government health insurance planTheir paper discusses each point in greater detail.
• An employer "play-or-pay" mandate
• A uniform, government-defined package of benefits
• A mandate that individuals must purchase insurance
• A National Health Insurance Exchange extending federal regulatory powers over private insurance
• Federal interference in the practice of medicine through a federal health board, comparative effectiveness review, and other government intrusions into medical decision-making
I believe their economic analysis is essentially correct. The American people should know these facts.
If you're opposed to these ideas and wish to support free market health care instead, please sign the Galen petition: